Jul 1, 2016 8:10 PM
2 pounds of heroin seized in Maine, DEA says largest in state history
SCARBOROUGH, MAINE — Drug Enforcement Agency officials say they have seized over two pounds heroin, possibly the largest seizure of the drug in the state’s history.
The heroin was packaged into more than 10,000 individual bags valued at about $450,000.
James Jamison, 33, of Waterbury, Conn., was arrested and is accused of supplying substantial quantities of the drug throughout Northern Maine.
Jamison was also charged with the following:
1. Reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon- Class C Felony
2. Aggravated assault- Class B Felony
3. Eluding a police officer- Class C Felony
4. Driving to Endanger- Class C Felony
5. Leaving the scene of a personal injury crash