Jan 19, 2015 12:17 PM
MANCHESTER - A Monday morning fire on Eastern Avenue displaced two families after their apartment were left uninhabitable.
Fire crews arrive on scene at 133 Eastern Ave. around 8:30 a.m. and it took about 20 minutes to knockdown the fire, which had started in the ceiling of a third-floor apartment and had spread to the attic.
The fire was contained to the third-floor apartment but smoke and water damage left that apartment and the one below it unable to be occupied.
There were two cats in the third-floor apartment that also were rescued.
The fire is believed to have started from an electrical problem.
Red Cross is assisting the families and the building has been turned back over to the owners.
54 minutes 7 seconds agoReports of shots fired during a possible burglary prompted police response, Wednesday morning. (More)
1 hour 56 minutes agoA NH woman is being mourned by her family after she became the victim of a murder-suicide in Wilmington, NC. They've set up a...
11 hours 30 minutes agoRep. Annie Kuster and former state Rep. Jim Lawrence disagreed Tuesday night over numerous issues as the two-term Democratic congresswoman and her Republican challenger...
18 hours 42 minutes agoA Concord woman involved in the 2014 Allenstown crash involving the death of a motorcyclist plead guilty. (More)
20 hours 5 minutes agoThe man suspected of kidnapping a woman Sunday in Laconia has been arrested in Concord after a warrant was issued for his arrest. (More)