NECMF

May 5, 2016 1:42 PM

16-year-old shooting suspect found 3 days after Raymond manhunt turns up empty

NH1 Digital Content Manager - NH1.com

ROWLEY, Mass. - A 16-year-old shooting suspect that shutdown parts of Raymond on Monday as police were searching for him has been arrested.

The teen from Massachusetts turned himself into Rowley police on Wednesday night.

The charges

- Assault with Intent to Murder-Armed-Firearm

- Assault with Intent to Murder

- Assault and Battery by a Firearm

- Assault by a Firearm

- Firearm, Discharge within 500 feet of a Dwelling

- Firearm, Carrying without a License

He is held at a juvenile detention facility and was acheduled to be arraigned on Thursday. His bail was set at $500,000.

Police flocked to a Raymond home on Harriman Hill Road around 7 a.m. after receving a tip the suspect might have been spotted.

Officers were dispatched to the scene of a Rowley shopping plaza after receiving reports of shots fired around 5:15 p.m. on Sunday.

As police searched the area, an 18-year-old man emerged and said he had been shot in the leg. The victim was treated at a hospital and released.

Shortly after, another teen walked into the Rowley police station and told investigators that he had been shot at in the same area.

Kevin Deane is the Digital Content Manager for NH1.com. You can email him at kdeane@nh1.com and follow him on Twitter, @kdeaneNH1.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

NH1 Dining

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter